The main purpose of this course is to teach you how to properly design an enclosure for your speaker.
This course assumes that you have minimal knowledge about acoustics, and therefore starts slowly with some basic information about sound waves, how they are created and what are their characteristics. Then moves on to how the speaker is designed and some other relevant information about acoustics.
What you’ll learn
• Design sealed speaker enclosures.
• Design bass reflex speaker enclosures.
• Understand how sound waves work and their characteristics.
• Know how a speaker is producing sound and what are the speaker components.
• Interpret the data on a speaker specification sheet.
• Understand the pro’s and con’s of different enclosure types.
• Build loudspeaker boxes which produce linear sound with minimal distortion.
• Design a basic 2-way crossover network